Report a Bias Incident

How to Report

Anyone who has knowledge of or has experienced a bias incident, on or off campus, involving Cal Poly students, faculty and/or staff, may report the incident in a variety of ways.

Campus Resources

For Students, Employees and Third Parties*

Office of Equal Opportunity
Building 33, Room 290
(805) 756-6770

Office of University Diversity and Inclusion
Building 1, Room 209
(805) 756-2250

Cal Poly Police Department
Building 36
(805) 756-2281

For Students*

Office of the Dean of Students
Building 81
(805) 756-0327

Office of Student Ombuds Services
Kennedy Library, Room 113
(805) 756-1380

*These entities are mandated reporters for Title IX related incidents.

If you would like to confidentially discuss your options prior to reporting, please consider contacting the resources listed below. 

Confidential Resources for Students

Counseling Services
Building 27, Room 135
(805) 756-2511

Building 27, Room 184
(805) 756-2282

Confidential Resources for Employees

Employee Assistance Program
(800) 367-7474

Related Content

Dean of Students

Dean of Students

The Office of the Dean of Students promotes student development and leadership; enhances student success and retention; and facilitates a respectful and inclusive campus.

Learn More


Diversity and Inclusion

The Office of University Diversity and Inclusivity is committed to making excellence inclusive by embedding diversity and educational equity in all aspects of the university.

Learn More

Title IX

Title IX

Title IX protects students, employees and third-parties from discrimination based on sex, gender and sexual orientation in education programs and activities.

Learn More

University Police

University Police

Cal Poly’s University Police Department promotes a safe and secure learning environment by enforcing laws, preserving the peace, maintaining order and providing professional services.

Learn More


Student Ombuds Services

The Office of Student Ombuds Services offers a safe place for students to go for assistance in resolving any university related issue, concern, conflict or complaint.

Learn More